Whether you have the desire to explore your own city, visit your alma mater or finally book your dream vacation, there’s no time like the present! Traveling lets you see things from a new perspective while learning about the food, fashion, business, weather, architecture and social norms of a totally new place. Use these tips as inspiration to make exciting travel plans for the new year.
1. Save up the right way by watching your expenses. Taking a trip will require a decent amount of capital for airfare, lodging, eating and possibly shopping. So make sure you set a little money aside each month until you reach your goal.
2. Get the best deals on hotels, flights and activities with sites like Trivago, Kayak and Expedia, instead of just Googling the hotels for where you’re headed. If you’re looking for more of a boutique hotel, Stayful can find you the best deals as well.
3. Do your research before you even get to your dream destination. Thanks to awesome sites like Thrillist and Conde Nast Traveler, you can find the best dining and entertainment options in virtually any city or country.
4. Make a list of what you want to do. Whether you want to see the beaches in Thailand, go shopping in Las Vegas, test out restaurants in New York City or see museums in Chicago, write it down! That way, you will have a surefire list of things to do and places to see.
5. Last but not least, take tons of pictures! After your trip is over, you’ll want something to remember it by. Taking pictures is the easiest way, plus it’s 100% free. Happy traveling!
Yours in Style,
Laura from the Lauren Cecchi New York Team
post in : Lauren Cecchi